Our immersion takes place in the blessed tropical island of Bali, among the indigenous beauty of the culture and the people which is steeped in spiritual and ceremonial tradition.
Desa Seni Eco-Village Resort, our course home:
Living in Bali, two friends, Thomas Talucci and Howard Klein, had a dream of recreating an original Indonesian village. Throughout their travels and after 10 years of living in Indonesia, they have collected beautiful antique wooden homes and traditional furnishings, representing different cultures and traditions of Indonesian lifestyle. Fulfilling their dream, they have created Desa Seni, a Village Resort.
Desa Seni is viewed by them as a space showcasing culture, religion, and traditions from the archipelago of Indonesia. Offering daily yoga classes, personal yoga retreats and wellness packages, a holistic spa, an organic restaurant serving farm to table goodness and an artistic gift shop.
As you walk around you will see the traditional Indonesian structures, the patches of organic vegetable gardens and flowers, a beautiful swimming space…and even a typical Balineses hindu temple.
Acclimating to the Environment
- Please remember to drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Get plenty of rest, especially during the first few days, as you adjust to the climate.
- Be aware the weather can change. The days can be hot and somewhat humid, the nights slightly cooler. Although we are not in the rainy season, there could be occasional afternoon showers.
- These are the tropics, so insects and small animals roam freely everywhere. So do not be surprised if you run into one occasionally.
- Take advantage of the saltwater pool to refresh yourself on our longer lunch breaks and times off